This is a part time position with a monthly stipend of $1,500 for the Cosmopolis Volunteer Fire Department. This position will be a member of the Volunteer Fire Department and be responsible for the administrative duties of the department. The Fire Chief is responsible for providing leadership and direction to plan, manage and oversee the activities and operations of the Cosmopolis Volunteer Fire Department.
The Fire Chief performs a variety of technical, administrative, and supervisory work in planning, organizing, directing, and implementing all operational aspects of the fire department. Such work includes but is not limited to establishing goals and objectives and maintaining department policies, ensuring required records are submitted complete accurate and timely. Creating a department budget. Ensuring all department services are continually monitored to prevent the loss of life, and property due to fire and or emergency medical conditions.
The Fire Chief will report to the City Administrator and Mayor.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5 years experience as a paid or volunteer fire fighter, and 2 years as an officer in a department. Other education or experience may be substituted for these requirements.
- Current or former EMT and Fire Fighter 1 certification or the ability to recert within 1 year.
- Current Washington State Driver’s License.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
- Ability to pass an employee physical by a licensed Medical Doctor in the State of Washington.
For a complete job description and job application please contact Julie Pope, Finance Director, at Cosmopolis City Hall at 360-532-9230 or by email email@example.com.