The City Attorney for the City of Cosmopolis is Steve Johnson. Steve is a graduate of Hoquiam High School (1972). He earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Central Washington University in 1976, with a major in Law and Justice. Steve earned his Juris Doctor Degree from Lewis and Clark Law School, in Portland, Oregon, in 1979. He was admitted to the Washington State Bar Association that same year, and has been practicing law in Grays Harbor County his entire career.
Included in the duties of the position of City Attorney are the following:
- Representing the City in all criminal cases brought by the Cosmopolis Police Department in the Cosmopolis Municipal Court.
- Drafting or approving contracts, leases and agreements for the City.
- Drafting Ordinances, Resolutions and Proclamations for the Mayor and City Council.
- Acting as the legal adviser to the Mayor, City Council, City Administrator and other city officials.
- Representing the City in civil cases brought either for or against the City.
The City Attorney can be contacted by email, at email@example.com, or by telephone at (360) 538-3982.